Terms & ConditionsThe Acorn Project Hawke's Bay Refund Policy
We are very grateful for your support of The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay. Because of the nature of charity donations, all donations are final and are non-refundable. Please make sure that the amount you enter is the amount that you wish to give. Should this amount be incorrect, please contact us.
- Information about donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent required by law.
- Some donors prefer anonymity. The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay will respect the wishes of contributors who prefer their gift to remain confidential.
- The personal information you provide when making an online donation or registering for an event will be protected by The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay.
- The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay collects and uses personal information from donors and supporters including: addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, dates of birth and donation dates/amounts.
- Specific requests made by donors/volunteers are recorded, for example, requests to remain anonymous or to be excluded from certain mailings. We may also specify the relationship with The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay, such as volunteer, private individual, company etc.
- When donations, whether solicited or not, are made to The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay the details provided by the donors are recorded in our database (unless the donor has specifically requested to not be added to our database).
- Personal details of volunteers who contact The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay to offer their services are also inputted into our database.
- Households and businesses in the areas where roadshows/seminars are scheduled to take place receive invitation letters/posters from us. Attendees at the event are given the opportunity to complete evaluation forms, on which they can specify whether they would like their details added to our database and in what capacity.
- We do not obtain information about individuals/organisations from other organisations unless those concerned have authorised such collection.
- The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay holds personal information at: 88 Joll Road Havelock North 4130
- Incoming donations and related paperwork are stored in a safe until processed.
- After processing donations and banking any cash/cheques, the related paperwork is kept in archive boxes for seven years in a locked office/storage area.
- Paperwork aged seven years old and over is securely destroyed.
- The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay's database is password protected and we have a strict hierarchy of access rights in place.
- The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay collects or obtains personal information for the following purposes:
- To distribute receipts for donations;
- To send donor acknowledgement letters and thank donors for their donations;
- To inform supporters about upcoming fundraising and other activities of The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay;
- For internal analysis and record keeping;
- For direct mailings;
- For the ordinary operation of its business including: to identify an individual; to provide customers with products and services they require including the administration and management of those products and services; for researching and developing The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay's products and services including an understanding of a customer's communications needs for the purposes of enhancing or improving The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay's products and services; informing customers of changes to The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay's products and services; and to conduct appropriate checks regarding the provision of the products and services to a customer;
- To provide contact information to other reputable charities so that they can use the contact information to send direct mailings; and
- For any other purpose indicated at the time of supply of the information to The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay.
Donors have the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation. However, unless the donor explicitly chooses to have their name associated with their donation, the default is that all donations are not to be publicly announced. Comments given in donor forms may be used in promotional materials while comments sent to us via email, fax or telephone are kept strictly confidential.
Consequences of not providing requested personal information to The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay
Where a person does not provide all personal information which may be requested by The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay for the purposes outlined above, it may not be possible to process the donation or other matter (as applicable) or carry out the other activities outlined above in relation to that person.
Access and correction of information
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have the right to access and request a correction to your personal information. To ensure that your recorded personal information is accurate and up-to-date, please notify us of any changes to your personal details as soon as possible through the following contact methods:
Phone: 022 062 5541.
Address: 88 Joll Road, Havelock North 4130
All access to donor financial information is strictly limited to professional staff responsible for processing and reporting on this data. For online payments, The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay only uses processing services with world class security and strong reputations. The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay does not have access to your credit card or account details sent to those processing services and the information is not stored electronically by The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay.
Donor Bill of Rights
The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organisations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay's mission, the way The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay intends to use donated resources, and its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organisations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organisation may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Confidentiality and Health Information
- When you apply for The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay support you will be asked to provide personal health information.
- By completing this application process, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions regarding confidentially and the safe storage your health information.
- Personal health information collected as part of your application for support services is stored securely and may be used to improve the service we provide to you.
- Personal health Information will only be accessed by our team who requires this information to carry out a task within the scope of their work, this may include service development and research.
- You may contact The Acorn Project Hawke's Bay at any time to ask what personal information we hold about you, to discuss or correct personal health information or to ask us to remove your personal information.